Sunday, April 6, 2014

a bucket list


As my 18th birthday approaches and I'm making some very momentous decisions in my life, everything is seeming to come into focus recently. For the past year many aspects of my future were up in the air, and although nothing is certain at the moment, I'm finally content with not knowing the details of what lies ahead. This new found shift in perspective alongside the sudden realization that adulthood is just around the corner has forced me to think about where I see myself in the upcoming years. Although like most others I would like skip ahead 5 years and find myself happy and carefree, fully supported by a well paying job doing something I love and fulfilling my passions in life, I know that this is neither possible nor likely. While I may not be able to control such general aspects of my life, I want to be sure to fulfill the smaller tasks that make me happy on my way to that perfect fulfilled life. This is my bucket list that will hopefully guide me throughout my upcoming years and remind me to find happiness in the small things in life, regardless of how blurred or frightening the future may seem at times. 


  1. Go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
  2. Bake a successful batch of macaroons
  3. Learn to cook
  4. Learn Arabic
  5. Jump off of a diving board
  6. Go to a drive-in movie theater
  7. Learn to drive a truck 
  8. Travel (Greece, France, England, Italy, Egypt, Spain, Germany, etc)
  9. Meet someone named Holden
  10. Spend an entire day at the library reading (from opening to closing)
  11. Write a short story
  12. Compose a book of poems
  13. Be published in a magazine, book, etc
  14. Learn to play guitar
  15. Go on a road trip
  16. Be a tourist in my own town
  17. Get to know my parents as people rather than parents
  18. Create my own business
  19. Go to high tea
  20. Start selling my jewelry
  21. Reread the entire Harry Potter series
  22. Movie hop 
  23. Go on a spontaneous trip to the beach
  24. Go night swimming
  25. Rewatch the entire series of Gilmore Girls
  26. Take a class at the Rec Center I know nothing about
  27. Go on a legitimate hike
  28. Take a yoga/Pilates class
  29. Attend a wedding
  30. Be a bridesmaid
  31. Be a maid of honor
  32. Smile at strangers
  33. Meet someone at a coffee shop (shout out to Taylor Swift's "Begin Again")
  34. Wear a mascot uniform of some sort
  35. Make my own sushi
  36. Finally watch the Titanic
  37. Learn all the states and their locations (Sadly, I don't know an embarrassing amount)
  38. Learn to shoot a gun
  39. Go out for chocolate fondue
  40. Beat my boyfriend at a video game (Has only ever occurred twice)
  41. Go Ice Skating in Downtown San Francisco
  42. Go to an amusement park
  43. Road trip to Disney Land
  44. Meet Peter Pan, Mickey Mouse and Princess Ariel 
  45. Adopt a puppy
  46. Get over my fear of cats
  47. Go to the snow
  48. Learn to ski and/or snowboard
  49. Build a snow man
  50. Run in a color run or charity marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment