Thursday, April 17, 2014

the only four photo editing apps you need



The amount of photo editing apps available in the app store is steadily increasing, and it seems as though most apps serve the same purpose with varying efficiency. It's vital to minimize the amount of apps downloaded to your device in order to maximize storage space. Due to my slight Instagram addiction, I have tried out a number of apps and have reduced my photography apps to the only four photo editing apps I find useful:


1. Squaready
Squaready is particularly useful for uploading a full sized photo without having to crop to the standard Instagram square size. Simply upload your photo and adjust to fit the entire thing by adding borders (this allows you to create those white borders). 
Free in the App Store




2. Latte Camera
My favorite part about Latte Camera is the ability to adjust the intensity of the filters. I find that a lot of apps have really great filters but most of the time they are too powerful, and I like to layer subtle filters to achieve a perfect photo. Another feature I love is the light leaks with intensities that are adjustable as well!
Free in the App Store




3. PhotoCat
I use PhotoCat in combination with Latte Camera, using the adjustable filters feature to mix and layer different filters until I achieve the look I'm going for. 
Free in the App Store





4. Afterlight
Since this app costs money, its feature tend to outshine the free apps that are available in the app store. AfterLight has the more filters than the previous two apps and possesses a similar adjustable intensity feature in combination with different light leaks and effects as well. 
99cents in the App Store





No comments:

Post a Comment